Sunday, May 23, 2010

Studio Daydreaming....

I'm getting ants-in-the-pants crazy waiting to move into my new house. It seems like the end of June will never get here!!! But in the meantime, I'm daydreaming about paint colors, the garden and... of course... my new art studio. I've kind of become obsessed with finding new furniture for it. I don't NEED new furniture... I have a drafting table, and two tables to hold my presses and inking station... but they are kind of old and new furniture seems so exciting. Today I visited Marty's and oggled over the all the unfinished furniture they have; desks, bureaus and hutches (oh, they would be wonderful to hold art stuff!). Some of my ideas:

Wouldn't this be FABULOUS as a new art desk? All the compartments great for holding art supplies, artsy books, etc... YAY! And I could sit anywhere I wanted... each side is accessible and useable... I could work facing the kitchen, the windows looking outside, or facing the living room... ogg. I am in love with this! It's a little more modern than the look I'm going for, but it's just so fabulous, I can't help but drool.


This is another option. More standard desk-looking, and kind of Shaker-ish (not my favorite look) but I like the L-shape. See, my new art studio won't have any "walls", really, to butt things up against. One wall is all windows and built-in bookshelves, and the other "wall" is the kitchen area and hallway to the front door. So all my furniture will need to sit in the middle of the room? If that explanation makes sense?

I love Flickr, too. The photo site (the bird too, lol). I've found some great groups that are all about sharing photos of peoples' art and craft studios. Check out Etsy Member Studios, and then Art Studios. It's SO inspiring to see where people make art - some folks have their own gorgeous outbuildings, and others just a corner of the dining room table... but they make it work!! I love looking at their tables, their storage units... everything. It gives me so many cool ideas.

Speaking of art, I am working on a new linocut which is a bit stressful because of the packing and general disarray. I haven't gotten far, just putting the image on the block, but it's moving along. I'd post photos BUT I can't... I have packed up my 2 digital cameras and my old film camera and sent them to NYC to be traded in for a new Canon Powershot SX20. No reason to have 3 cameras laying around... I really only need one, right?

Countdown to moving to our interim housing in The Boondocks. Three, two...

3 comments:

Designer outdoor furniture said...

All the looking nice.......Modern Furniture

Designer outdoor furniture said...

I like Brown table very much....Its Looking Nice...Double bathroom vanities

conservatories said...

That's really a great idea. I am amazed at the creativity and how you have turned it into an art piece. I would love to make something like this for my Conservatory too. Thanks for sharing.