Thursday, May 13, 2010

Packing


I'm afraid this post won't be terribly interesting! The big news is that my purchase offer was accepted HOURS before the tax credit ended, so we have a house to move into... hooray!  Since then, I've been in a cleaning and packing hell. It's really amazing how much STUFF you accumulate over 6 years. Several pieces of furniture that won't be coming with us have been broken down and moved out of the house. Heavy boxes are growing and growing around here. The boys were curious about the activity at first (especially Jack) but they seem fine now. It's driving me insane though... never-ending packing... cleaning... boxes and clutter scattered all over, waiting to be picked through and packed... it's like living in a tornado.

In between my house closing here and closing on the new house, we'll be homeless for about a month. I'll be living in my parent's house, which they've been trying to sell but haven't been as lucky as I was. It's closer to work but in the boondocks. And I won't have TV. Or internet. Or any of my stuff, because it will be in storage. June is going to be a looooonnnng month, lol.

Jen

4 comments:

gryphonkessira said...

You're always welcome to come over here and use our wireless :-) Let us know if you need box-moving help!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Congrats on the new house! How great to be able to take advantage of the tax credit!

Jen said...

Thanks guys!! :o)

Jen

jcp said...

Thats great news! Buying a house can be mega stressfull. I'm glad you found something that fits your needs.