Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lucy's Not Feeling Well



A week and a half ago, Lucy started waking up in the middle of the night with these horrible breathing attacks. She's seeing the vet on Saturday.  Last night (or, early this morning I guess) I took a video of it when she woke me up- it always starts with a cough or two, then becomes huge gasping breaths. They last about 2-3 minutes each, and are really disturbing. Lucy seems to be frightened during them as well. Sometimes she has 2 attacks per night (I'm not sure if they happen during the day since I'm at work?)?

This summer she started having problems breathing in the heat, and she "lost" her voice last year, but these attacks are new and scary. Could it be larangeal paralysis? If so, I'm kind of scared because I've heard of dogs dying from suffocation during breathing attacks. :o( 

Any thoughts? I'm worried sick. :o(

Jen

2 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Yikes that is distressing! Keep us posted. Good thoughts!

幸運之神 said...

每一粒厄運的種子,卻包孕著未來豐盛的果實..................................................