Friday, January 29, 2010

Practice Runs

It's been frigid the past couple days... I mean, nose- and hand-numbing frigid. The street is coated with salt so it's hard to get the dogs out for walks. Even with their winter coats, I worry about their exposed butt-cheeks (and their paws, of course).

To keep the pups occupied, we've been training a lot. Jack has learned "wait" (I'd give him a B so far!) and is learning "back" (back up). Cliff has lots of tricks to practice- bow, wait, spin, shake. Lucy used to know sit, down, wait, and shake but has regressed a bit. She can't hear very well anymore, and working on sign language is rather daunting. I need to start...

Anyway, we were practicing today. I think the pups are doing really well. Don't they look great? Me- okay. Is it true the camera adds 10 lbs. or do I really look that fat in real life?? OMG. I'm really embarrassed (I know the "mom jeans" don't help, but...ugh. Talk about a whale).

Without further ado...

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I think you look wonderful! Maybe next time you should get Monica to come over and help you open the bag of treats....:)

Katherine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Ahhh, so cute. Love to see other greyhounds working on their training and tricks. Lucy is so funny.

鞋子的 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tarmar said...

Teaching self control is very important! I like the way you bring the treat to them and treat them in the position you want instead of calling them to you for the reward. Keep up the good work!

I also love the way Cliff likes to talk back! Pretty cute!

Sistertex said...

And it is good to see Lucy...'just doin'... ;)

Doing obediance the way that only a Greyhound can.
Cliff reminds me of my Tyler (at the bridge now), but he was always there with the 'back-talk'. Mr. Sassy boy.

Thanks for sharing the video! Enjoyed it.