Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Santa & The Greyhounds...



I would first  like to thank everyone who have given their well-wishes to Lucy either via my blog, Facebook page, Etsy convo, email, etc. It has meant a lot to me! She goes in for her dental tomorrow and although I'm still a nervous wreck, I had a great conversation with her doctor last night, who laid out the whole surgery for me and answered all my questions. I'm feeling better. Someone remind me- no food after midnight! lol.

Also a huge thank you to everyone who has supported my art with your kind words and even purchases this holiday season. I've really been busy working on pet portraits and packaging up Etsy orders... thank you, thank you, thank you! (Lucy thanks you too!). :o)



I thought I would post some fun holiday-ish photos from the past few days. As you can see from the top photo, the hounds and I met "Santa" this past weekend in Liverpool at Canines Unleashed, a great doggie day-care facility. A bunch of other greyhounds were also in appearance, including our good friend Mercedes and Morgan (mix) with my friend Renee.




Santa's appearance was cause for celebration with the hounds. Jack was so excited he even attempted to lift his leg on St. Nick (played by our friend Wendy). Thankfully I caught him before anything trickled out, lol!

Clifford "talking" to Santa while Jack enjoys a butt scratch...



Lucy also enjoyed a cuddle with Santa... perhaps asking for a mouth of pearly whites this Christmas??

 
Renee and her two pups! Poor little Morgan was so afraid of Santa, she would only hold still if Renee came in the picture and held her, lol...






And then yesterday we got our first "real" snow! Hooray!



Jack spent the last year in Florida racing so I was interested in seeing how he reacted to the snow. Nothing huge... he just ran around with his silly tennis ball. Do I have a greyhound or a lab?

 

I was hoping it would stick and we'd get more, but today it's mostly melted, and rain is coming down hard. That means LOTS of mud being tracked through the dog door... lovely stuff! Speaking of which, I need to grab dinner and then mop. Later...

Jen

2 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Its 10:30 PM! No food soon.

Hiking Hounds said...

Can't wait to see her pearly whites. I'll be thinking of her.