Monday, September 21, 2009

Linocut & Printing

Working on more art for the Greyhounds In Art Show. It is coming up sooo fast! Almost done. I haven't been very good at posting my work (at least the finished pieces) because the scanner is broken at work. I can take photos of the prints, but my camera skews the color a bit since I'm using an SLR lense on a digital body.

Setup: Ink, brayer, finished print!
For these linocuts I printed by hand, not using my press. This involved inking the block, laying the paper on the block, and then rubbing the back of the paper with a wooden spoon to transfer the image. I'm using Japanese and Nepali papers for this- American papers are a bit harder to use with a spoon transfer b/c they are thicker- this particular paper is a Lokta, from Nepal.

Hanging to dry!

1 comment:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh it is gorgeous jen!

i love it!