Sunday, August 16, 2009

The New Toy

I'm not a fan of new toys, especially machines, but I've been wanting a camcorder for awhile now. I think... since Lucy and Clifford are getting older... I've had a strong hankering to capture them in videos so I will never forget them. You know what I mean? I just ... think about death a lot. I wonder constantly how much time we have left together. And I know there is so much from my other dogs, Rudy, Ginger, and Nelson, that I have forgotten and that makes me sad. Their voices. Their movements. The quirks. Gone. You can look at photos, but it just isn't the same.

Anyway, this weekend I bought a Flip camcorder at Best Buys. It was about $140 and had great reviews. I also pugsat at my parents house, since they were helping one of my brothers move to Ohio (he is going to get his doctorate, isn't that exciting!). So anyways... I experimented with the camera. Here is my first video. Kind of boring, but it was fun to experiment!

1 comment:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Congrats on the video camera! I totally know what you mean. I wish I had more video of Katie and Travis when they were young.

Jen