Sunday, August 23, 2009

Introducing our new foster... FF Jackhammer!

As if a camping trip isn't enough, we've got a new foster dog!! Introducing "FF Jackhammer", or "Jack." I had been thinking about adding a third dog to the family for quite a while now. I've really mulled about it, then pushed the idea out of my head, then mulled about it some more. A few months ago I talked to a few people about it, then decided it was the wrong time. But on Wednesday I was at work, consumed with the idea, looking at greyhounds on the internet as well as mixed breeds and purebreds on Petfinder during lunch break. I just couldn't get the idea out of my head and thought, "God, if it is the right time to add a dog to my family, please let me know. Send me a sign. It's SUCH a huge decision, I can't make it by myself!"

And that evening I was at Wegmans waiting to pick up a prescription when I got a call on my cell phone from Wendy, who heads our local adoption group. "I know you were thinking about a third dog a few months ago, and we just had a bounce..."

On Wednesday, Wendy brought Jack over to meet Lucy and Clifford. He was bounced from his home because he was a bit more energetic than the people wanted (he is just a teenager, having turned 2 in March). Lucy really liked him and even playbowed to him- holy smokes! Clifford was a bit more... haughty... and tried to bully him a bit.

After thinking about it a bit, I decided to take Jack on as a foster dog (with Wendy's approval) since he didn't have a place to go. If things work out between him, Lucy and Cliff, then we may add him to the family.

4 comments:

runswithdog said...

Looking forward to hearing ALL about the Hammer Boy and all his adventures!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Might be a good hiking buddy for you! You need a young dog!

Jen

alex said...

Love it, It's Hammer-time- lol.
Best wishes to all of you. God moves in mysterious ways.

Sarah said...

he is so cute!!! good luck!