Monday, June 01, 2009

Reunion!

So this past weekend was my 10-year college Reunion. Holy crap. I can't believe it has been 10 years! And working at my alma mater meant, kind of, double time- triple time- I have to work reunion as a staff member, I have to coordinate my class reunion as the Reunion Social Chair (thank God Christin helped as Reunion Fund Chair!), and I have to have fun with my class. Kind of hard to balance everything. But it was fun, if exhausting, and it was great catching up on everything.

Ten years ago we were hapless students looking towards graduating into the "real world" and now we are fundraising for homeless shelters, helping disabled adults negotiate the world, lawyers, social workers, paralegals, midwives/nurses, parents, techs at veterinary ER clinics, parents, partners, etc etc. Wow.

Alumnae Parade:


Myself, Laura, Lynn, Christin, Kristy, and Tina (and Tina's babyArlo) with our class flag. Our class was the "Yellow Rubber Duckies" (every class had a color and a class... um, mascot I guess. If you are to graduate in an odd year, then you are automatically an "Oddliner" and your color gets to be yellow or gold. If you are to graduate in an even year, you are an "Evenliner" and your color is either green or blue. We graduated in '99 as Odds, our color Yellow and our mascot the Rubber Duckie. Don't ask, it was a long time ago and we were 18 LOL).


Laura and Lynn....



Our Saturday class meeting at the College Boathouse. Christin, Laura and Carol...
Kristy, Lynn, Colleen, Molly and Nicole...

...myself, Carol (fellow art major!) and Kristy....

Carol and her partner's lab Coco, Lab extraordinaire....

Robin, Molly's husband Derek, and Nicole....

... Mandy and Christen on the Boathouse veranda....



Laura and Carol:



Okay, let me see if I can get everyone: Kristy, Nicole, Molly's husband Derek, Carol's partner Sam, then in front Lynn and Carol taking pics of Colleen, her husband and their daughter...


Christin and Mandy both dutifully wore Official Oddline colors, yellow (gold) and purple.... they were both on the Oddline Basketball team and I think Christen coached as an upperclassman?


Saturday night Gala Dinner in the Dining Hall. Molly, Christin, Lynn and Kristy (happy birthday to Kristy!!). And somehow the 1979 class banner ended up behind us (at least it was Oddline)...



... and Nicole, Robin and Tina with Arlo.....




At the Saturday Gala Dance (and yes, I danced! Even requested our party song by Prince, "1999" LOL)... Lynn, Tina, Kristy, myself and Laura....



More pics on the Class of 1999 Flickr page, and I'm sure we'll be getting more on the '99 Facebook page too, and I'll be putting up more generic (by that I mean non-'99 specific) on the Wells website soon... and then within the next 2 weeks our official class photo should arrive from the photography studio! Woot!

My class is also having a mini-reunion over 4th of July weekend. Many of the gals I hung out with during my college days couldn't make it to this weekend's reunion, so we're all congregating in Pennsylvania next month for a big camping trip. I cannot wait!
Now that this is all over, work is going back to normal (no more working till 7, 8, 9, 10 PM every night) so life will also go back to normal. Thank God. I cannot wait for summer. :o)
Now... off to upload these photos to the '99 Flickr account and then maybe the '99 Facebook page and then... bed! Hopefully I won't have drunk teenage boys calling me at 2 am in the morning again telling me about their genitals. I wish I had Caller ID so I could have called the cops on them! Obscene, I tell you! Jeesh. What are youngsters these days coming to.
Jen

1 comment:

Sarah said...

looks like it was a good time! I am sorry I missed it. I can't believe it has been 10 years, I still laugh when I think of some of the things we did....geez like torturing Kaori, making old tapes, going on "adventure" hikes....man where did we get that energy...:)