Monday, June 22, 2009

Kayaking



Thursday it poured ALL DAY LONG.

Friday was threatening, but we decided to "chance it." Mom and Dad have kayaks, and Dad rented me one from Rollins Pond (thanks Dad!). After giving the dogs a thorough workout, we donned our lifejackets and headed on our way.



It was pretty dark, and it drizzled a bit. We went up Fish Creek to Copperas Pond, Little Round Pond, and then eventually Floodwood Pond. It was a beautiful trip and we saw LOTS of wildlife.

I should note that these photos were almost all took with a telephoto lense, but even so it was amazing we could get as close as we did!
Young wood duck! I have NEVER seen wood ducks before....


An Eastern Painted Turtle, basking on a log in Fish Creek...


And Loons! We saw tons of loons. Thanks to my telephoto lense, I could get quite detailed shots...





A River Otter!!....


Whitetail Deer...

Black Duck family...

Another Black Duck, snoozing along the Creek...

Another Loon...

And I couldn't tie things up without this picture. Yes, blue skies made an appearance! It lasted only an hour or two, but was a nice end to the day.





No comments: