Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who has sent me private comments, and Twitter comments, about my Mom. She hadn't been feeling well for about a week, but seemed to get better while camping this weekend- turns out her appendix burst while camping. She even kayaked with me for 4-5 hours with a burst appendix and didn't even know it! Monday, after returning from camping, she went downhill fast and was admitted to the ER. Because the appendix burst and septicimia, she will be in the hospital for at least a week. Surgery went well but she's on a lot of morphine and antibiotics because of infection. Thank you for all your kind emails and Twitter comments. I appreciate ya'll thinking about my family!

Jen

5 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh my gosh jen!
i am so sorry!
your mom is one strong lady!
i am thinking of all of you!
xoxoxo
melissa

alex said...

You and your mom (and your whole family) are in our thoughts and prayers. I hope she recovers quickly.

Carrie said...

Holy Cow! I somehow managed to miss your tweet about this! I hope she gets better quickly! She is one strong lady! My SIL had appendicitis and thought she was dying. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys!!

Sarah said...

oh Jen! I hope she is feeling better soon! glad surgery went well!

Life at Star's Rest said...

I had a ruptured and gangrenous appendicitis last year too. They told me I had been sick for at least a week and didn't know it. I recovered completely and hope your mom does too! Best wishes to you all - Carmon