Monday, May 18, 2009

Sunshine & Dandelions- Woodcut


Well, I guess when you fall off the horse you have to get back on, right? Here is my next project fixed on the block.... as I blogged about before... a greyhound (modelled by Lucy) sunbathing in the grass. A perfect beginning-of-summer woodcut!
I'm trying to sort out colors/reductions in my head... light gray, black, yellow/ochre, green... what order should they go in? Light to dark, right? But what colors work well over each other, compared to others-? Ack.
Feeling very scared to get this started. I brought my block and tools to work with me for lunch break, but I am sooo worried about screwing this up so I'm procrastinating. I like all my blocks, but I like this one a LOT. I don't want to muff it up!! And I've really only done one successful woodcut since the fall... my batting average is quite poor... I think 4 muff-ups to every block completed & liked. That's really REALLY bad.
Well on that happy note, it's time to dig into my lunch (chickpeas & noodles with bock choy) and get carving... wish me luck...
Jen

1 comment:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi jen!
oh this is so fun! i love this block.
just have fun! it will turn out amazing like all of your pieces. i love them all!