Tuesday, April 07, 2009

My Laptop is Held Hostage

In a round-about way. I'm sorry to say that I will probably not have many blog posts in the next 1-2 weeks. Sunday night, in what can only be called a fit of insanity, I decided to start demo-ing my office/spare bedroom. Did I plan things out? No. Did I organize? No. Did I move furniture and cover things appropriately? No. I was feeling... motivated... to do something and instead of working on art (creative slump) I decided to start ripping down 70's faux-wood wallboards. Underneath is the original plaster & lathe walls of the room, with the original ornate molding around the windows. Unfortunately there is some damage in the plaster & lathe, and some of the window molding is pretty destroyed. Huh. Also started ripping up the disgusting carpet, circa-1982.



Since I didn't plan this out, my laptop, external hard drive, etc. all ended up in the middle of the room trapped under the desk and bed. At least I'm hoping it's there. Everythign is kind of piled and shoved into a large mound.






This is a picture of the hideous pink carpet (and one of my past foster hounds, Dante). It will be torn up and I hope there is something useable underneath. Hardwood floor??

And this is a picture of the actual wall (with Clifford and one of my past foster cats, Zeke). I had painted it a light pink a few years ago, but it didn't offset the hideousness of faux-wood panelling. Yuck. Time to go.


I am feeling quite motivated to do construction/renovation/house-fixing-up work, so hopefully it won't take long to do everything. I'd say half of the faux-wood panelling and their braces are down; now I just have to do the other half, and then somehow repair the walls and molding, then paint. Then move everything out of the room and start tearing up the pink carpet. It can be kind of a chore but let me tell you, there is nothing like tearing things down/ripping things up to relieve stress!! LOL.

2 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi jen!
oh how exciting!

i cannot wait to see what you do.

actually buring your laptop is ingenius. no distractions!

xoxoxo
melissa

alex said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished product (and having you back in blog-land). I just finished a before and after post myself. ;-)