Monday, April 13, 2009

Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge - 4/4/09- Part 1



Last Saturday, the pups and I drove the "Wildlife Drive" -a 3 mile road loop- through the Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge. It was kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing. We had just hiked the Esker Brook Trail part of the Refuge, and I hadn't driven the Drive in awhile, so we decided to give it a go. Wildlife Drive is a one-way dirt road through the Refuge, and you have to stay inside your cars (except at certain lookout points) so as not to disturb wildlife. I had my camera and telephoto lense, but my bird book was at home and I don't have any binoculars. Arg. Anyway, I got a slew of good pics. I'll post some of them here.

Canadian Goose "walking on water"...


Tons of turtles were out! I assume they were red-eared sliders, but I couldn't see. And I don't know many types of turtles anyway, so who knows...


Another Canadian Goose, hanging out along the road...


And a Great Blue Heron....


No comments: