Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Just Love Wetcanvas.com

So yesterday it became official: I am coordinating my first printmaking exchange on wetcanvas.com! I have participated in 4 (or 5?) exchanges on WC now, but have never been a coordinator. But I had an idea to do a nature/wildlife themed printmaking exchange and ... with the help of many awesome WC members... set one up! Yahooee!

So if you are a printmaker (or wannabe printmaker!) who isn't a member of Wetcanvas, head over, sign up and join the exchange!

I am so excited to see what everyone comes up with. We are limiting to 20 members, and a paper size of 8 x 10. Any relief method (linocut, woodcut, etc), lithography, intaglio is accepted. Theme: wildlife, landscapes, nature.

Another fun project that is now taking place in the Animal/Wildlife Discussion forum of WC is a weekly Dog Breed challenge. A breed is highlighted every week, and the folks of WC are challenged to do a drawing, painting, sculpture, etc of that said breed, and post it for everyone to see. There is also a weekly Horse Breed Challenge. This week's Dog Challenge is the Saarloos Wolfhound and I think I am going to give it a try! I am such a sucker for dogs, especially the working type breeds (and hounds, of course... gotta love the hounds) :o)

Jen

No comments: