Wednesday, March 11, 2009

View From Heiberg Forest-Woodcut



In February, Clifford and I went cross-country skiing at Heiberg Forest in Tully. I finally completed a woodcut from our experience! I hesitated to blog too much about it because almost every landscape I've tried to do has MAJORLY bombed, but I really like the way this one came out. It's a 6-color reduction from a block of 6 x 8 " MDF, printed with Graphic Chemical oil based inks on Stonehenge paper. I was able to get an edition of 9 prints, which is 'the usual' for me. I wish I could get more prints out of a block, but I get bored pulling too many LOL.
Some "in progress" pics...










1 comment:

Amie Roman said...

Beautiful! Your landscapes are always incredible; I wish I could figure out how to translate what I see into prints like you manage, with such life and subtlety. I have a few that I really want to do but don't even know where to start. Sigh. But this is lovely, especially the soft, subtle palette. Nice job, Jen!