Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

So I have some amazingly awesome news, and it's probably only amazingly awesome to me but I'm going to post it anyway. YESTERDAY, FRIDAY FEBRUARY 27 I PAID MY *VERY LAST* STUDENT LOAN PAYMENT FOR MY BACHELORS! That's right, my frick-fracking B.A. is finally, finally, finally paid off. Nine and a half years with that mother weighing me down, and fwwwap! Done!

I have been dabbling with the thought of now going for my master's in library science. The idea of another loan... more school work... an uncertain future... kind of makes me nauseous, though. What if I do all that work and I hate it? What if I'm beyond that "my brain is a sponge" phase and book-learning is too hard for me? What if a master's gets me nowhere after paying all that money??? What the hell do I want to do with my life anyway?

Sometimes the choices and decisions in life are so difficult, I wish I could just eat Xanax and sleep the months away, not having to worry about - or deal with- anything in the world. But I guess I'll have to wait until I'm admitted to the Psych ward before I get to do that.

In the meantime, I guess I'm just going to savor being down one debt. Now all I have is a car payment (3 more years) and 26 more years of a mortgage. Wee-haw.

Jen

1 comment:

Sarah said...

oh Jen! what a wonderful feeling! My bachelors loans are almost done too, I got some of them paid for by the government, apparently they will give a few hundred bucks a year for teaching in low-income schools and high need subjects (like science!)
unfortunately I owe a few more bucks for the masters degree (like $50,000!!!) ouch! not fun, I think I will be paying that off until I die!
I was cracking up at the thought of you potentially eating a mouse by the way! (ha, ha! I can hear the squealing now.....)