Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Bunny and Chickens, Oh My

This is going to be a fun woodcut! My awesome friend Sarah, who now lives out in the Sierra Nevadas (faaaaarrrrr from N.Y., *sniff*) has been posting the cutest pictures of her chickens and rabbit, Loki, to her blog. She was sweet enough to allow me to use some of the pics as references for artwork. Yay! Here's a rough sketch I banged out today during lunch (I should have been balancing my checkbook... oh well... that can wait another day right?). Loki and the chickens have "playdates" together which is absolutely hysterical, and I hope to capture some of that ... whimsy... and okay, utter sweetness... in a woodcut. I mean, chickens and a rabbit playfully chasing each other around in the garden... can it get any better than that?? No, not even greyhound playdates are that cute!!

Jen

3 comments:

Amie Roman said...

AWWWW!!!! A cross-species play date of absolute and utter cuteness! That is truly adorable. I can't wait to see more sketches & any woodcuts resulting from this collaboration of cuteness.

Sarah said...

oh I can't wait to see this woodcut, I sent you more pictures today! sorry I was such a slacker in getting them to you! Don't forget those chickens are presidential first ladies (democratic of course:)

Jen said...

LOL thanks guys! :o)