Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mid-Winter Blues











My friend Renee came over today with her greyhound Mercedes. It was really frigid (mid-teens) so the dogs didn't play long outside. Still, it was great for them to come over... Lucy, Cliff and I have been going so stir-crazy with the absolutely freezing cold and snow the past week or so... it was nice to have visitors and break up the monotony!
My creative juices, which kind of fizzled down the toilet mid-December, continue to be AWOL. It seems all I want to do is lay on the couch and nap, or zone out watching TV. So needless to say, I haven't been able to do any art at ALL. I am frustrated and irritated about it. I really wanted to create some new pieces for The Art Show at the Dog Show, but (obviously) wasn't able to do it, entry deadline is I think next week. I haven't been to church in 2 weeks. My eating habits have headed downhill in a handbasket. I can't seem to think straight or find any motivation at all.
Arg, I wish the cold and snow would go away! Winter is way too long!
Jen






2 comments:

Katherine said...

You take the absolute best photos of active dogs of anyone I know, some stunning, others hilarious. Pugs and greys with all four off the ground. Love and hate. Perfect joy. Thanks!

IHateToast said...

i'd suggest a jan in queensland, but i find that the heat and humidity does the same to me. just melts the will to get up.

i hope you find the oompf again. i am sure you will, but what do i know?

beautiful shots of the dogs in the snow.