Monday, January 19, 2009

Cottontail Woodcut


I have just finished my first woodcut for 2009--a self portrait of all things-- for a Printmaker's Challenge on Wetcanvas. I'll post pics as soon as they dry! Honestly, it was a very hard challenge- probably the hardest I've done so far. Here is my next woodcut, ready to go- an Eastern Cottontail in the snow. One ran in front of my car the other day on the way to work, and paused in the brambles on the side of the road- she was just beautiful. And then out taking pictures the other day, I just marvelled at the blue shadows in the snow. Soooo... my next woodcut... rabbit, snow, brambles, shadows... hopefully it will work out!
Jen

2 comments:

Maria Peters said...

I love your blog. I have been a silent reader for quite some time...and your blog came up as a suggestion on Google Reader.

Your woodcuts are stunning...your choice of house paint, right on...I love your recent foray into cross country skiing...I could go on.

I have two greys, live in Atlanta and have always admired the finger lakes region, well, in the summer, pretty much!

You're adventurous!

Maria

Jen said...

Wow, Maria thank you... you are so sweet!

Jen